Today's update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ...nevermind, I thought it was just some Steam thing but it's actually a full update that's going to require an update to the Galaxy patch and delaying my leagues. So annoying, isn't there any way to FULLY block these?

And can someone explain to me, what is it exactly that gets affected when a new update comes out from Konami? What is it exactly the impedes the Galaxy patch from running properly? I just want to understand how this works if someone can explain it.

Thank you!

The post was edited 1 time, last by tinpanalley ().

• Danloki wrote:

all this for a few missing songs, who cares, delete the crap songs for all I care stop messing with this game so we can play it! with decent mods!
    Well, they can't logistically delete the songs without applying a patch. And legal is legal, if there is a rights issue, there's nothing they can do about it, they have to respond or be sued. Now, should their A&R people have been more careful? Yeah. But what are you gonna do...
  • Hey @Volun I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a bit since you're obviously very well versed in these things... I'm trying to find someone who can explain to me exactly what it is that causes problems with updates, I know what people do but I don't understand what happens. I've asked people, but I don't understand.

So, the .exe changes and a new CPK is added for the new version, but why does save data get affected and why do people say you can just deselect the latest cpk and backup your Konami folder in documents. I've done that and it doesn't work.

In short, what happens when there's an update exactly, what is it that blocks people continuing to play their game, and what can be done to prevent it?
  • I honestly cannot really help or tell you that much. I can only tell you how to fix the problem.

I know that the EDIT and the DPFileList have to be adjusted to the new version. There are some hex values that have to be changed.
    Look at this post evo-web.co.uk/threads/edit-data-status.79500/#post-3325076

The new parameters for Update 3.01 are 2D 01 and 3D 28.

For explanation:
    The bytes are stored as little endian -> inverted order.
    2D 01 -> 01 2D -> that's 301 in decimal
    3D 28 -> 28 3D -> 10301 in decimal

Other example for Update 2.00:
    C8 -> 200 in decimal
    D8 27 -> 27 D8 -> 10200 in decimal

So the values are depending on the current version/the newest update. Which makes much sense.

When there's a update you have to add these values to the dlc.txt which is in your PES directory/lib/DpFileList. So you would add this line:

Source Code

1. dt80_301E_x64.cpk;2D01;3D28
    Then regenerate the DpFileList in our Switcher (just (re-)add a random cpk). Now the DpFIleList is ready for the new version and includes the newest DLC.

As mentioned before the EDIT has to be adjusted as well. It ain't that easy to describe. Maybe you can figure it out with the evo-web link I posted.

The other most common problem is that Konami updates the player database (player.bin). We edited our own player.bin to have special characters in player names. After you've edited a player name via the bin file and then reset the player name ingame the customized name is also stored in the EDIT.

Now there's the scenario that Konami releases a DLC with a new player.bin containing information for many new players for example.

A: We use Konami's player.bin -> EDIT and player.bin are conflicting because the .bin doesn't include our changes to the player names.
    -> You can't go into the ingame editor. The game tells you to generate a new EDIT -> Generating a new EDIT -> the EDIT now includes all the new players from player.bin but all our changes are gone

B: We user our "outdated" player.bin and try to apply the Live Update -> our player.bin is missing the information for the new players -> all those players are generated as DUMMY players

Solution: Take Konami's player.bin and redo every single name change, head size changes for faces, etc.

Well .. and sometimes when you're stuck you have to generate a completely new EDIT and import every single team that you've changed over the last months. Which in fact is every single team in the game.
    myClub-Name: Volun (Teamname: Rasenballsport Münster)
  • New

Volun wrote:

I honestly cannot really help or tell you that much. I can only tell you how to fix the problem.

I know that the EDIT and the DPFileList have to be adjusted to the new version. There are some hex values that have to be changed.
    Look at this post evo-web.co.uk/threads/edit-data-status.79500/#post-3325076
    Thanks a lot, I'll read all this in greater detail later. But I really appreciate you sharing this info!